USA – Ellicott Dredges is pleased to announce that they were recently awarded three significant contracts with the U.S. government.
The first contract is for a customized Ellicott 860SL Swinging Dragon® dredge and support boat
for the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (USBR). This dredge will be used to increase depth and restore water flow in the Colorado River, and to create wetland habitats. One of the primary objectives of this program is multi-species conservation, including birds, fish, turtles, insects, and plants.
Ellicott has already supplied multiple dredges to the USBR for the Colorado River management project.
860 Swinging Ladder Dredge Specs
Ellicott designed a new dredge – the 14” Bay Dragon – for Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
The Bay Dragon® series is a modernized line of Ellicott’s 10-20” portable cutter suction dredges.
This dredge will be used to maintain small harbors and inlets with beneficial reuse of the sand for beach restoration. It is a step up from their smaller Ellicott dredge, a Series 670 model named the “COD FISH,” which Barnstable has reliably operated for over 20 years.
Barnstable requested several customized features, including an integrated spud carriage, which allows for better positioning and therefore more precise and efficient cutting. Additionally, the dredge has a raked bow and tow points, which allow for convenient low-drag towing. The dredge is capable of being lifted once fully assembled, and was customized for Barnstable’s crane to allow the dredge to be launched by crane rather than a slipway.
Other new features of the Bay Dragon Series include:
- Tier 3 compliant marine engine
- Inline drive train with a marine transmission
- A new hydraulic system, designed in-house, that reduces power and fuel consumption by approximately 10% and increases operating efficiency by 20%.
- Modern electric over hydraulic control system using Parker IQAN for increased reliability.
- Easy-to-use joystick controls mounted in the operator’s control chair
State of Ohio
Ellicott will supply two fully customized booster pump stations for the State of Ohio. These
boosters will be used to support the multiple state-owned Ellicott 460SL swinging ladder dredges. They are equipped with remote wireless automation and a monitoring station for use on the dredges.
Features of the booster pumps include:
- 12” L-36 hard iron dredge pump with adjustable liner
- Caterpillar Engine – 540 HP (400 kW), bio-diesel compatible
- Inline marine gear transmission
- Double-walled fuel tank
- Local analog gauges and controls
- Advanced controls and vibration monitoring system
Ellicott is the leading provider of innovative dredging systems and solutions to meet their customers’ needs.