We are currently seeking an Assembly Mechanic who has knowledge and experience with mechanical, electrical and/or hydraulic systems. As an essential member of the Ellicott team you will frequently be preparing and installing pumps, drives, gearboxes, and diesel engines for assembly.
Benefits: Some of our benefits include competitive pay, medical/dental/vision plans, 401K investment options, Life/AD&D Insurance, education assistance, employee wellness program, etc.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- Install machinery and equipment according to blueprints, layouts, and other drawings in an industrial establishment and determine work procedure.
- Assemble and install equipment such as pumps, shafting, gears, couplings, clutches, diesel engines, winches, etc.
- Align & set machinery and equipment to specifications.
- Shrink or press gears, bearings, etc., to mating parts.
- Test product to ensure conformance to specifications using instruments such as calipers, micrometers, calibrated torque wrenches, dial indicators, thickness gauges, etc.
- Use of hand and portable power tools such as grinders, single spindle drill press, pneumatic presses, abrasive cutoff saw, pipe threading and cutoff machines, hose crimping presses, jib boom hoists, cranes, chains, slings, come-alongs, etc.
- Supports dredge assembly and shipping operations.
- Fabricate or modify parts using a variety of tools and shop equipment.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of work area.
- Perform additional duties as needed in a small flexible production group.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 years related experience.
- Possess working knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a times
Ellicott Dredges is an equal opportunity employer. We employ those that possess the necessary skills, education, and experience for the position, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, immigration status, or any other category covered by applicable law.