We are currently seeking a strong detail-orientated Trade Finance Manager, who will be responsible to lead the day-to-day trade finance and credit functions for us. This is a great opportunity to join a historic company with a bright future, and next level finance team!
Benefits: Some of our benefits include a competitive base salary, medical/dental/vision plans, 401K investment options, Life/AD&D Insurance, education assistance, employee wellness program, etc.
- Receive, log and control email and/or courier packages containing export Letters of Credit and other trade finance instructions such as import and standby Letters of Credit.
- Complete basic review and handling of export Letters of Credit documentation. Fill out bank applications for import and standby Letters of Credit.
- Coordinate trade finance agreement documents and requirements with domestic and international banks and customers.
- Understand and adhere to company risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls pertaining to international trade finance instruments.
- Identify risk-related issues for escalation to management.
- Maintain financial instruments summary for management.
- Manage the customer parts account credit limits and credit insurance facilities to reduce risk and maximize timely payments.
- Assist with monthly accounting entries and analyses as workload permits.
- Participate in monthly close process to help team achieve internal reporting deadlines.
- Other accounting related duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance in all matters, with applicable policies and procedures and federal, state, and local government statutes and regulations.
- Unquestionable ethics and morals.
- High degree of accountability both personally and in supporting others to be accountable.
- High energy and resiliency to take on and work through challenging projects.
- Collaborative teammate who gets things done working with others.
- Thorough knowledge of the concepts, theories, principles and practices of Letters of Credit and International Trade Finance Agreements.
- Experience with international banking and foreign bank trade contacts a plus.
- Basic accounting knowledge. NetSuite system experience a plus.
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate financial data to manage and solve accounting problems.
- Ability to present and communicate ideas effectively both verbally and in writing to all organizational levels.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and external financing sources.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to provide strong customer service to internal department executives and managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 2-4 years international banking/finance experience required; experience in global manufacturing a plus.
Ellicott Dredges is an equal opportunity employer. We employ those that possess the necessary skills, education, and experience for the position, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, immigration status, or any other category covered by applicable law.