The Series 1870 Dragon® cutterhead dredge is a medium to large size dredge that is typically used for river, harbor, and land reclamation dredging projects. The portable dredge possesses a unique shallow dredging feature that enables highly effective excavation starting at 5 ft (1.5 m) digging depth. In addition, this cutter suction dredge contains a dredge pump and auxiliaries, that are powered by two independent engines for
high working productivity within the overall operating range.
Discharge Size: 20″ x 20″ (500 mm x 500 mm)
Main Engine Caterpillar 3512: 1,280 HP (955 kW)
Auxiliary Engine Caterpillar C-15: 475 HP (354 kW
Power @ Cutter Drive: 250 HP (186 kW.
Maximum Dredging Depth: 50′ (15 m)
• Pump handling crane
• Dredge GPS tracking software
• Production meter
• Mast with navigation signals
• Tilting spuds
• Discharge swivel elbow
• Anchor booms or spud carriage
• Additional options are available upon request
• With an industry-leading overall length, the 870 offers greater swing-width for improved production per dredging hour.
• Built with Ellicott’s time-proven rugged designs and traditional electro-hydraulic control system, the 1870 is a preferred dredge for remote and tropical conditions.
• Full range of standard options available, including GPS- based positioning systems.